Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Across the Cityscape

One night when I was fourteen and sleep walking 
I woke up and found myself staring out at the night sky.

There was a light that gleamed from the Pleiades,
the place where you and I were birthed into love,
where we first opened our eyes.

When I'm next to your side, I sense a vast history
where we've exercised our right 
to bridge peace where others would fight.

There's this place that only exists when our eyes lock tight,
one iris of yours is the key and the opposite lens
on my laugh lined face is the lock.

The door opens us up into a room 
where we can paint and draw and dance and sculpt.
I see you with a springtime smile,
spinning connections of fireflies
while I summon swimming sunfish 
to jump for your delight.
 
All of my cells, down to the neutron, are telling me 
that you and I have shared particles since 
the beginning of time, we've been responding like
morse code flashlights from windows 
across a cityscape of blinking signs.

I feel a fire in my veins that pulses with desire
for your lips and thighs, 
loving vibes and entrance to the fortress of your mind.
This elated flame surges deep in my arteries too,
causing a force of vulnerability to give myself over to you.

Rarely are we lucky enough to understand our alignment
and resist less to our own fear for long enough to find the
ones we are suppose to know.

I honor and respect you in honest thankfulness 
that our acorn we have fashioned from the earth of our heart's
is now sprouting into the oak tree seedling.
With tenderness I promise to water and feed
our divine love created by you and me.




No comments:

Post a Comment