Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Broken screen, broken record

I can't believe I acted that way.
I don't know why I stole my own peace away.
I let her words dive deep into my sorrow and got mad at my helplessness.
That old familiar sensation of alone.

I let my mind run a game on me where I felt crazier than when I was 17.
Back then I'd go walk on the road, by myself.
Last night I wanted to run, instead I kicked the wall and a hole through it.
I threw my phone when she told me I'd have to do it on my own.
She never listens so I don't know why I thought I could get it out
and have her understand. She makes it about her when I was trying
to tell her what was bouncing in my head, in my head, in MY HEAD.

Instead I came off as a judgmental psycho who wouldn't let her sleep.
I started out saying no, let's talk when you're sober.
I should have kept my mouth shut and waited til tomorrow
which is now today. I made a poor choice now she thinks I'm unworthy.

What am I doing? seriously. This broken record on repeat is nauseating.

No comments:

Post a Comment